Not available for sale
This product is currently not available for sale.
Performance Improvement CME (PI CME) for Dermatology: Melanoma
PI CME is an online only , self-directed, web-based activity designed to help you evaluate your practice.
The activity is comprised of 3 stages:
Stage A - Perform 10 patient chart reviews from the condition selected, evaluate your results, and self-identify areas of improvement
Stage B - Based on results of Stage A, develop and implement an improvement plan
Stage C - Evaluate improvements and perform a second chart review for 10 additional patients with the condition selected seen after your improvement plan is implemented
Following participation in this activity, you should be able to, in your clinical practice setting:
• Assess the current system you and your office team use for melanoma patient management, inclusive of biopsy information to and from the pathologist, melanoma staging criteria, a review of patient systems, patient education, and cancer registration to state cancer registries (diagnosis and management) (STAGE A)
• Analyze the results from the current system you and your office team use for the tracking and management of melanoma patients (STAGE A)
• Select and implement strategies and/or tools for STAGE B
• Compare and contrast the results from STAGE A and STAGE C and make a decision whether or not to continue use of the strategies/tools
Patient Inclusion Criteria
• Patients with a biopsy-proven diagnosis of primary cutaneous invasive or in situ melanoma within 10 years
CME only available to purchasers. CME Expires October 24, 2016.
NOTE: Purchasing this PI CME activity does not enroll the purchaser in the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. For more information about MOC, please contact that American Board of Dermatology directly at (617) 910-6400 or visit www.abderm.org
The American Academy of Dermatology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Credit Designation
The American Academy of Dermatology designates this Performance Improvement CME activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAD Recognized Credit
This CME activity is recognized by the American Academy of Dermatology for 20 AAD Recognized Credits and may be used toward the American Academy of Dermatology's Continuing Medical Education Award.
American Board of Dermatology Maintenance of Certification
The Performance Improvement CME for Dermatology: Translating Psoriasis Guidelines into Practice has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology to satisfy part of Component 4, Evaluation of Performance in Practice, of the Maintenance of Certification.