Not available for sale
This product is currently not available for sale.
Performance Improvement CME (PI CME) for Dermatology: Translating Psoriasis Guidelines into Practice
PI CME is a self-directed, web-based activity designed to help you evaluate your practice.
The activity is comprised of 3 stages:
Stage A - Perform 10 patient chart reviews from the condition selected, evaluate your results, and self-identify areas of improvement
Stage B - Based on results of Stage A, develop and implement an improvement plan
Stage C - Evaluate improvements and perform a second chart review for 10 additional patients with the condition selected seen after your improvement plan is implemented
Following participation in this activity, you should be able to, in your clinical practice setting:
• Recognize the importance of assessing quality of life in patients with psoriasis and taking it into consideration when making treatment decisions
• Recognize that psoriasis is associated with a number of serious co-morbid conditions, monitor patients for co-morbidities, and manage them appropriately
• Discuss safety and efficacy issues related to the use of biologic agents for the treatment of psoriasis
• Individualize therapies for patients with psoriasis based on disease severity, response to previous treatments, quality-of-life issues, and co-morbidities
Patient Inclusion Criteria
• Patient with a diagnosis of psoriasis
• Patient is 20 years of age or older
• Patient likely to be adherent to recommended treatment plan
CME can only be claimed by purchaser. CME Expires June 2016. If you are purchasing this activity for somebody other than yourself, please be sure to do so under each person's individual account.
NOTE: Purchasing this PI CME activity does not enroll the purchaser in the Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program. For more information about MOC, please contact that American Board of Dermatology directly at (617) 910-6400 or visit www.abderm.org
The American Academy of Dermatology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
AMA PRA Credit Designation
The American Academy of Dermatology designates this Performance Improvement CME activity for a maximum of 20 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAD Recognized Credit
This CME activity is recognized by the American Academy of Dermatology for 20 AAD Recognized Credits and may be used toward the American Academy of Dermatology's Continuing Medical Education Award.
American Board of Dermatology Maintenance of Certification
The Performance Improvement CME for Dermatology: Translating Psoriasis Guidelines into Practice has been approved by the American Board of Dermatology to satisfy part of Component 4, Evaluation of Performance in Practice, of the Maintenance of Certification.