Not available for sale
This product is currently not available for sale.
September 2012 Issue of Dialogues
Includes 3 Interviews:
The Genetics of Complex Skin Disease and Targeted
by Stephen Katz, MD, PhD interviewed by Marguerite Thew, MD
Hormones and Aging
by Christine DeWitt, MD interviewed by Lynda S. Kauls, MD
Update on Head Lice and Scabies
by Stephen Stone, MD interviewed by Stuart Brown, MD
Target Audience: Dermatologists and other health care
professionals who wish to access and update their current knowledge of
- At the conclusion of this learning activity, participants should be able to:
- Describe genome-wide association studies and the relationship between single nucleotide polymorphisms and disease pathogenesis.
- Describe the potential development of therapies targeting specific genes or gene products for diseases including psoriasis, atopic dermatitis and other complex skin diseases.
- Define what constitutes the term bioidentical hormone and list risks associated with the various combinations and delivery routes.
- List diagnostic tools to identify scabies and head lice, and identify the spectrum of treatment options now available.
CME credit is only available to purchasers. CME expires September 30, 2015
The American Academy of Dermatology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The American Academy of Dermatology designates this enduring material for a maximum of 2.00 AMA PRA Category 1 Creditsï¿½. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
AAD Recognized Credit Statement
Dialogues in Dermatology is recognized by the American Academy of Dermatology for 2.00 AAD Recognized Credit and may be used toward the AAD Continuing Medical Education Award.
Supported browsers: FireFox (3+), Google Chrome (5+), Internet Explorer (7+), Safari (5+), Opera (10+).
Adobe Reader (or other PDF reader) to view PDF files.